Saturday, October 30, 2010

Ouch!

Oh, man, am I sore tonight!  My muscles are hurting a bit.  I actually took it easy on myself today.  Instead of hopping right on the Octane elliptical, I went for the Life Fitness version.  I managed to do an entire 50 minutes, followed by a 5-minute cool down.  It felt awesome at the time!  No worries though.  Ibuprofen is my friend at the moment.  And tomorrow, when I get back at it, I'm sure my muscles will ease up again.  And hey, looking on the bright side....I have muscles!  A whole lot more than I did before I started all this!  I have four more days to go before that one much needed day of rest.  I'm actually kind of nervous about taking a day off.  I'm afraid one day will lead to another and another and I'll lose all of the progress I've made.  I'm thinking that day of rest just might be spent doing something semi-active...like taking the kids to the pool for an hour or two.  Or running around a park with them for a bit, if it's nice out.  We'll have to see how things go.

Lily's not feeling so hot tonight.  She refused to eat any dinner.  Normally, I'd push a little bit to at least get a couple of bites into her.  But she had a melt-down just before dinner and chose to cuddle up with me in her bed until she calmed down.  She would have happily agreed to fall asleep then and there, I think!  I convinced her to eat a cup of pudding (with sprinkles, or it would have been a no-go), put some fuzzy, feety-jammies on her, and then took her off to bed.  She was out and snoring by 6:30!  Poor girl!  I'm hoping she just needed a little extra sleep and will be back to her usual happy self tomorrow.  I'm dying to take her trick-or-treating!  Until then, I'll be testing her often throughout the night and sacrificing my own sleep to make sure she's staying stable and steady.  Luckily my husband has offered to let me sleep in again!  Gotta love that man, for that reason alone!

2 comments:

  1. :) You are doing great. I did an 8 miler today. My 1/2 marathon is a week away. I am excited and I feel ready. This is the first race I have ever participated in...ever...I know weird.

    Your husband rocks...anyone who lets me sleep = a HUNK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Great Hubby!
    2. I hope you had fun trick or treating!
    3. What kind if training are you doing? I'm starting... Slowly... To get back.

    ReplyDelete