Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Halfway!!!!

Yay for being half-way!  Today was Day 15.  I decided to start the day off early by loading the kids up in the stroller and walking the 1.1 mile distance to the Community Center for Creative Play Time.  CPT is basically just a couple of hours each morning, M-Th, when the Community Center opens up a couple of rooms full of toys, art projects, and whatever, for parents to bring their kids in to play.  So, the kids got to play for a couple of hours.  We followed playtime with a stop at the library, a walk in front of the Elementary School so Lily could see what a school looks like (I'm still trying to find a motivation that will work for potty-training-she's stubborn like her daddy!), and then we walked through our neighborhood a bit.  To be honest, I'm not sure exactly how far we walked today, but I'm guessing it's just over 3 miles total.  I was actually a little sore when I got home!  But, it was a good sore, so no complaints!

Oh, I can't tell you how excited I am that so many of you are joining me for the next 15 days!  It makes me so happy!  Seriously, you can't imagine how much the last 15 days have changed me and how much happier and healthier I've felt!  I'm actually excited to get going on our walk each day, instead of having to force myself to go.  I can run up and down our stairs in our house without getting winded now!  I can run after Leo without losing my breath and collapsing at the end of the day!  It's kind of funny....people talk about how much work it is to lose weight and they fight and battle it so much.  And eventually, they give up.  But here I am, with no desire to know what number would pop up on the scale at the moment and the "work" is becoming fun and exciting.  It's something I feel good doing instead of cursing and crying over!  Don't get me wrong, at the end of the 30 days, I'll definitely be interested in knowing what number pops up on the scale.  But until then, I don't want to know.  I want to just concentrate on how much better I'm feeling, how much happier and energetic I am.  I'm so happy that you're all going to share the rest of the journey with me and will get to feel all of that too!

I need to head to bed a bit early tonight.  We have plans for a playdate tomorrow morning, bright and early.  We're meeting a mom and her little girl at Lake Calhoun for a walk around the lake.  The only problem I've had with walking lately (including the blisters that popped, but were so tiny that they haven't even caused me pain) is that Leo gets a bit fussy.  I think he gets cold, but he refuses to keep his hoodie up.  So, I've crocheted him a hat very quickly tonight and plan to strap the thing onto his head!  Until then, I think I'll go cuddle up to him and get some rest!

6 comments:

  1. I couldn't get to the gym today because I was watching a few extra kiddos....but we walked to school this morning....I suppose it was 2.5 miles total.

    Have fun tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heads up about the weight though some don't loose the weight right away and may actually gain as the muscle they're building weighs more than the fat they replaced...don't worry about it first. Keep plugging away at feeling healthy and doing active things daily. My mother lost 75lbs and is know running half marathons (and a few fulls), but she too had about five months where she wasn't loosing weight despite all her efforts.
    Anyhow, I think you're doing great. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job on the the exercising! i can't wait until i get back to being completely active again. i give you so much credit for not looking at the scale, i used to get obsessive about that number. keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAHOO for half way. I am going to run today and P90X it Thurs and Fri. Maybe I'll come over here and post under the comments after I am done. Give you an extra push knowing I am doing it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That'd be awesome, Reyna!

    Wendy, excellent job! Exercise doesn't have to happen at the gym. We have a Lifetime membership, but I haven't used it much since starting this. I refuse to feel bad about that!

    ReplyDelete