Thursday, January 26, 2012

Back to Basics

Well, my doctor appointment has come and gone.  It's left more confusion.  All my test results are now coming back in normal ranges, which is a great thing.  But it means we have no clue what was going on or why.  I'm still semi-convinced that I was overtraining and that's what was causing a lot of my issues.  I've had just over two weeks off from working out at the gym and finally went back today.  I've made a decision: I'm going back to my roots for the next 30 days.  I'm laying off the elliptical, because I know I have a tendency to over-challenge myself once I hop onto them.  I'm still going do strength-training, but just enough to maintain the muscle that I've added, with no weight increases for the next month.  And for cardio.....I'm hopping on the much-hated treadmill.  Today, I started with walking just over two miles.  I've found that I can manage to easily do 2.8 mph and still read a book!  So *BONUS* I'm getting some reading done too!  Right now, I'm in the first few chapters of The Jesus Mission, which is a book that is supposed to help you develop a more intimate relationship with God.  I'm hoping it will help restore my sense of purpose in life while also helping me learn to not worry as much (aka...put my trust in God).  I also have Ginger Viera's Your Diabetes Science Experiment on hand to read next.  And about 40 or so other books that I've picked up in the last few years and just haven't gotten around to reading.  I'm hoping to make it through at least 4 books by the time I'm done with walking and ready to challenge myself again.  It's nice to have a plan again!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations and thanks for sharing this info to all your visitor… Btw how did you get a clean site like this? Once again thanks a lot.

    Click here for Mediterranean food pyramid

    ReplyDelete