Monday, February 6, 2012

Blah! Getting back at it

I did it again.  I signed up for the 90-day weight loss challenge at Lifetime.  I'm determined to do it right this time and actually make some progress.  The lab tests from the doctor are all coming back normal with the only exception being my phenomenally elevated progesterone levels.  So I've ordered an herbal supplement that is supposed to help balance my hormones.  We'll see how that goes.  And, in an effort to make the most of the next 90-days, I've also signed up for a CardioPoint assessment.  Basically, I get to wear a mask for about an hour while I go through several levels of increasing my heart rate and at the end, I should know how hard I need to work in order to burn fat the most effectively.  I really hope this helps!  I've been to the gym twice in the last three days and have reverted back to using the elliptical.  I tried just doing walking.  I didn't like it.  I hate the treadmill!

Other than that, life is getting busy.  We have fundraising to do for Lily's preschool.  A Kinder Koncert field trip in a couple of weeks with the same preschool.  We're working on trying to open-enroll Lily into the same school district that most of her current classmates will be going to.  She attended her first birthday party for a friend this last weekend.  Oh, what a roller coaster!  It just had to be at an indoor inflatables park.  We're doing massive carb-boosting to combat a raging growth-spurt.  Lots of temporary basals to keep her safe at school and in child care at the gym.  It's amazing the hoops this disease makes us jump through sometimes!  And yet we all just keep plugging along.  We manage and we keep on going.  And just so you can all see how much they're growing, a pic of my gorgeous little beasties:


Oh, I love those little faces!

1 comment:

  1. Holy Cow!!! They are getting so big Cindy! ADORABLE. Awesome news on the workout front. One foot in front of the other. I know you can do this and that you are going to be so proud of yourself in the end.

    As for "D"...ah yea...at Lily's age all of those activities are filled with all kinds of interesting numbers. Love to you.

    ReplyDelete