Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Now taking nominations....

One of the things I've been doing during my silence is thinking.  To be specific, thinking about the direction I want to take my knitting and crocheting in and what kind of items I want to add to my Etsy shop.  I don't have much in there right now and it's taking me some time to add pieces.  I've come up with a few pieces for friends (mainly, infinity cowls), hats and blankets for babies, and Christmas ornaments for friends and Lily's preschool teachers.  One of the things I've really become interested in is the more expensive, unique yarns.  Wools in lovely shaded ombres (where it switches from color to color), fleece-like yarns with spots, silks, soys, sugarcane, and so many more!  I love the different textures of the fibers and the way each one takes color differently.  They're all beautiful.  So, this is the direction I'm concentrating on taking my Etsy shop in....luxury yarns, unique pieces, glitz and glam at a more affordable price and some just plain expensive, I-deserve-to-be-pampered pieces.  Here are some examples of the things I've been working on:

Cabled hat

Scarf and hat set

Stocking ornament

Baby giraffe hat


Now, there are several reasons why I've decided to do a nomination-style giveaway....first and foremost, it's FUN!  I enjoy coming up with pieces for people and I most especially hearing that those pieces have been received with delight.  Second...there are some fantastic people out there who really deserve and need something special.  Third....I don't know everyone in the DOC and maybe there'll be a few nominees who would be great to connect with.  And fourth....because I love the DOC and everyone in it!

So, here's the one and only rule....you can't nominate yourself.  Other than that, anyone in the DOC is eligible.  PWD, d-moms, d-dads, friends of the DOC....anyone!  You can nominate someone in the comments section or by emailing me HERE.  Give me a name and tell me why you think they deserve to be nominated.  If there are too many nominees, I'll have one picked randomly.  If not...maybe I'll pick based on your reasons for nominating them.  And maybe I'll pick more than one!  I figure it's a good way to pamper a few more-than-deserving people and give my Etsy shop a bit more visibility all at the same time. 

I can't wait to see who gets nominated!

1 comment:

  1. Don't want to nominate; just comment on your lovely work.... love the giraffe hat. Wonder if you make hats with flaps hanging down over the ears like the teens/young adults on now wearing. teens seem to like the nuetral colors unfortunately. That might be a big hit.

    ReplyDelete