Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hats, turkeys, and blizzards....oh my!

We're heading north tomorrow.  Five hours north.  The Icebox!  We always drive up north to have Thanksgiving with my family.  Usually, I'm more than ready to go since we only make it up for a visit about twice a year.  I'm kind of nervous about heading up tomorrow though.  The entire state of Minnesota is under a Winter Weather Advisory.  Meaning, it could potentially get very, very nasty.  Rain, sleet, snow, all mixed together.  Yikes!  My husband is an excellent driver and I'm sure he'll get us there just fine.  But....the forecast still has me debating if going up is the best idea....

Anyway, before we head up, I wanted to share a couple of new hat pictures.  I realized a couple of days ago that this trip up north means my children need some heavy-duty headgear.  Something to keep their ears warm and toasty, no matter how nasty it might be.  Luckily, I was able to whip up a couple of hats really quick.  Here they are:




Okay, so Blogger doesn't want to let me add those pictures.  I'll have to try again in a bit.  I also wanted to remind everyone who wants to take part in the Christmas card exchange (yes, I do see your comments saying that you want to take part)....I need your addresses!  Send them to me, please!  You have until December 1st to do so!

Nope, it still doesn't want to let me load the photos of the hats!  Darn it!  They're so cute that I wanted to show them off!  Oh well....maybe I'll get a minute in the morning to post them.  For now....Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!  I'm wishing all of you a day of food, fun, and fantastic blood sugars, in spite of all that food, fun, and pie!

**Yay!  Pics are up!

4 comments:

  1. Well...first off Cindy HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Secondly...I hope your trip is safe...and finally...I LOVED those hats you posted pics on FB of. I may need to order more. You are so talented. You have a gift friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Reyna... I love the hats and I think I need more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some super cute hats! LOVE em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy! I just wanted to let you know that Tracy over at The Superhero and the Princess is ALSO doing a card exchange..she did one last year as well which a bunch of participated in. I thought may you two should join forces?!!

    ReplyDelete