Monday, November 15, 2010

Christmas Card Exchange!

Okay, I've had to take a couple of days off from blogging to get some work done on hats.  I currently have a two-tone green one that just needs some ends tucked in, a ribbed black hat with red stripes that is being blocked (it's where you wet the yarn down and stretch it out into the shape you want it to have and then let it dry), a deep red hat with cream stripes that I just started and am hoping doesn't turn out looking too much like a candy cane, and two more hats that I need to start up.  Good thing hats don't take too long to do!  I'm hoping I can have the two orders I have finished up and into the mail within a week!  Gotta get them done so I can start on my own hat.  I bought a lovely teal wool yarn and a silvery-gray yarn to make up a hat and scarf set, when I get a chance!

Okay, the Christmas stuff....here's the deal.  Jill West (does she have a blog?  Someone clue me in, if she does!) organized a D-Family Gift Exchange on Elfster.  If you're interested in signing up, I believe the deadline is November 17th.  You can sign up by clicking HERE.

The Christmas Card Exchange!  That one is through me.  I always have lots of leftover Christmas cards after the holidays are over.  What better way to use those extras up and make even more connections than to start a card exchange with the D-OC!  Basically, all it requires of you is that you send me your mailing address.  I'll compile a list of all the addresses and then email it out to everyone who signs up.  You just have to send cards out to all those on the list.  Personally, I love Christmas cards.  They're the best kind of mail to get and are so worth the cost of stamps to send!  So, if you want to sign up and receive a few extra Christmas cards this year, just send me an email at cindyroerig@hotmail.com.  Write :Christmas Card in the subject line.  Deadline is December 1st!

I got my report card today!  Lily's A1C clocked in at 8.6, exactly the same as at her last check-up.  I'm so incredibly happy with that!  She's had a whole lot less lows and is doing really well with everything.  I was a little worried her levels might have gone up.  So this report card is quite the relief!  Her endocrinologist made a few changes to her basal and sensitivity settings since Lily tends to trend upwards at night.  Hopefully that'll do the trick to getting us back on track!  Until we're sure that the settings are right, I might have some long, sleep-deprived nights ahead!  So on that note, I think I'll head off to get some rest before the next blood sugar check!

6 comments:

  1. Hey that is fantastic news on her A1C Mama Pancreas! I am happy for her (and for you). Congrats on another 3 months of hard pancreating!!!

    I will be sending my information soon. I am so in on the Christmas card thingy. My sister is excited for the hat! AND...have I mentioned that I wear mine ALL.THE.TIME? Oh yeah, I think I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the A1c!

    FYI, Jill's blog is: http://diabetes-sweeties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your the A1C! And those hats sound pretty awesome. ;) Thanks again for coordinating the card exchange and for the info on the gift exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I commented that I wanted in on the exchange too..but it looks like it didn't show up..count me in if you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I not see this post until today? I am sorry for duplicating the card exchange. Should we combine lists? If you want to send me your list when it is done, I will add those names to mine and send it to all who signed up.

    Would that work?

    onesuperheroandoneprincess@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete