Tuesday, November 22, 2011

This, that, and the other thing...

October sucked.  It was just plain awful.  Between Lily starting preschool and the changing of seasons here in Minnesota from not-winter to nearly-winter, we've been hit by one bug after another.  My whole fitness journey came to a screeching halt.  Colds knocked me on my ass time and time again.  I barely made it to the gym enough to get our health insurance kick-back on our gym fees!  And then November started and it wasn't any better.  More colds, more headaches, more pains, less energy.  We went from nearly-winter to fudge-it's-cold!  We've even got a bit of snow on the ground.  The fitness thing wasn't going anywhere still.  I finally went in to see the doctor.  I've had a few minor sickies going on for a while now.  The doctor started testing my testosterone levels about six months or so ago.  And they came up fairly high.  Well, this time, she added another test on and she's come up with a "tentative" diagnosis of Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia.  To be honest with you, I'm not exactly sure what this means or what all it entails.  I know it has something to do with not having enough cortisol because of a deficient enzyme in the adrenal glands.  Who know?  Whatever it is, I have to go see a new endocrinologist.  One who doesn't specialize in diabetes.  Nothing like adding some more complications on.  In the meantime, I'm heading back to the gym and trying to at least move my rear end from my sick bed and out in the world with my children again!

Okay, now my real purpose in writing tonight.  I need to ask for prayers and positive thoughts for a friend of mine.  I have a wonderful friend, Christy.  She's got two gorgeous boys, ages 7 and 4.  And about a year ago, she and her husband decided that they wanted "just one more baby".  Life had other ideas for them.  Their adorable pair were born three months ago now.  A beautiful little girl who will be tremendously spoiled by her three brothers and a handsome boy who will no doubt be as much of a joyful handful of trouble as his two older brothers!  But, life has handed them something else to deal with in the midst of the pregnancy and new babies.  Christy's husband was diagnosed with colon cancer.  A very aggressive form of it.  He's finished up chemo, but the type of cancer he had is particularly prone to re-occur.  I'm remembering them in my prayers each night and I'd like to ask those of you who believe in the power of prayer and positive thoughts to remember them as well.  They're such incredible people and their four children are such sweethearts.  I'm hoping life has many more wonderful, amazing things in store for them!

Off to bed for me!  Sleep is such an incredibly precious thing, isn't it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment